Fischer Transnordic 2022
Does your heart get warm when it is -10° C outside, or when the thermometer drops below -20°C at night? If you enjoy snowstorms, prefer a tent or hut to a five-star hotel and spending the entire day skiing in snow-covered nature is your idea of fun. Then Fischer Transnordic is the place for you.
From over 500 applicants around the world, five have been already chosen.
- Solid cross-country technique in any terrain
- Physical condition to support a four-day backcountry ski tour with15-20km per day in hilly terrain carrying a medium backpack
- Winter outdoor experience and problem-free handling of cold and weather
- Warm clothing in layers to be safe and comfortable in a wide temperature range.
- Warm sleeping bag for overnight stays in huts.
- Team & adventurous spirit
- Flight from your nearest main airport to Tromsø (NOR)
- Transfers between Tromsø Airport (NOR) to the starting point in Kilpisjärvi (FIN) and return from the end of the tour in Tamokdalen (NOR)
- 5 days food & provision for all day ski touring
- 3 nights in a simple backcountry cottage
- 1 night in a tent camp in the wilderness
- Expedition sleeping bag & tent on loan for an overnight stay in camp
- Professional Backcountry Tour Guides
- Dog sled for assistance or partial luggage transport
- Fischer backcountry set consisting of skis, bindings, BCX boots and poles
- Detailed gear list for the participants