VIBEKE SKOFTERUD CLAIMS VICTORY AT THE VASALAUF
Vibeke Skofterud (NOR, Fischer) is the winner at this years Vasaloppet. Third place was taken by Seraina Boner (SUI, Fischer). Daniel Rickardsson (SWE, Fischer skis and boots) had to be satisfied with 4th place in a mass sprint with nine competitors after 90 kilometre in classical style.
Vibeke Skofterud and Jenny Hansson (SWE, Fischer), who claimed victory at the Vasaloppet last year, opened a gap until the half of the course. Then Hansson had to let the Norwegian go, who claimed victory in a new record with 4:08:24.7.
The men were likewise as fast as never before. It take 3:38:41.3 for the winner Järgen Brink (SWE). The best athlete from Germany Thomas Freimuth (GER, Ficher) finished in 24th place ahead of the best Austrian Martin Sutter (AUT, Fischer).
Vasaloppet 90 km CT women
1. Skofterud, Vibeke (NOR) 04:08:24 Fischer
2. Kveli, Laila (NOR) 04:11:31
3. Boner, Seraina (SUI) 04:14:27 Fischer
4. Hansson, Jenny (SWE) 04:18:16 Fischer
7. Mannima, Tatjana (EST) 04:25:21 Fischer
Vasaloppet 90 km CT men
1. Brink, Jörgen (SWE) 03:38:41
2. Tynell, Daniel (SWE) 03:38:41
3. Rezac, Stanislav (CZE) 03:38:41
4. Rickardsson, Daniel (SWE) 03:38:41 Fischer
8. Laugaland, Audun (NOR) 03:38:44 Fischer
13. Callesen, Christoffer (NOR)03:40:56 Fischer